Monday, August 8, 2016

Dealing with large scale garden waste


You may have read in the pages of Amateur Gardening (AG 25 May) that I’m giving my new garden a full overhaul, says AG gardening editor, Kris Collins.
Nearly every plant has been stripped from the uninspiring plot and I’ve used a turf cutter to remove every scrap of lawn, turning my plot into a rectangle of bare earth.
I’m now lucky enough to have a blank canvas to work with, but it has left me with an immense amount of garden waste.
Local authority recycling sites restrict the amount an individual can place in soil and rubble containers each month –it would take over a year t dispose of the waste if I’d stuck with their limitations.
For convenience and to save some money against traditional skip hire I’ve used Hippo Bags for my waste disposal. Three sizes are available, simply choose the right size for the job in hand, then either order from the Hippo website or pick up the bag at your local B&Q, Homebase or Wickes store. Once you’ve filled your bag, simply ring, or get online to book collection. Prices start from £69.98.

Visit hippobag.co.uk or call 0845 850 0850 for more information

Resource: amateurgardening.com

No comments:

Post a Comment